1. Find the property suitable for your needs. (SHOULD GET LENDER PRE-QUALIFIED PRIOR
KNOW HOW MUCH YOU CAN AFFORD)
2. Go to a lender and apply for the loan.
3. Present your discharge or separation papers relating to latest period of service and/or a Certificate o Eligibility.
4. Property is appraised by approved appraiser.
5. Estimate of property's reasonable value is determined.
6. If application is approved, you get the loan.
Veteran must intend to occupy one unit for at least 1 year
You should take a property management and business course or work for a property management co. to gain knowledge & experience prior to as the lender may ask if you do.
You should have a realtor who owns & manages small apartment rentals to help you find a reasonable purchase.
There are tax advantages that you can get that you would not get otherwise.
Colorado Springs has 5 military bases and are less expensive than in metro Denver.